We have an opportunity to invest in a company who is focused on creating game-changing Intellectual Property in the fastest growing industry in the world, Medical Cannabis.
A company focused on cannabis biotech with a uniquely global and nimble approach to cannabis science. This means constantly assessing the global-cannabis commercial and scientific landscape and only deploying our research capabilities to address the most exciting opportunities with the greatest scientific, medical and commercial potential. A company seeking to develop one of the world’s most valuable portfolios of cannabis
Legal medical cannabis is currently estimated to be the fastest growing market in the world and is undergoing rapid change as new countries legalise cannabis, new regulations are introduced and as consumer and patient preferences are shaped and evolve. Global medical cannabis sales are estimated to be growing at a combined annual growth rate of around 50% from 2016 to 2020. Medical cannabis sales were around $20bn in 2016 and are expected to reach $100bn by 2020. Canada, 28 U.S. states, 12 EU countries, South Africa, Israel, and Australia have all now legalised medical cannabis in some form. There is therefore an ever-growing global opportunity which has barely even begun to be addressed.
“I’d like to see the government back a program of research, into the medical properties of cannabis and I do not object to its responsible use as a recreational relaxant”.
Sir Richard Branson
INVESTING IN CANNABIS
Governments such as Canada, USA, Germany and Israel are becoming more accepting of the pharmaceutical properties of the cannabis plant, so a huge opportunity for cannabis biotechnology has opened. Indeed, legal sales of cannabis (excluding hemp) are forecast to grow 52% per year up to 2020, to $100bn. We give you the opportunity to Invest in companies that lead the way in driving this growth. The scientific evidence supporting the medicinal use of cannabis is stronger than ever and so the opportunity is both exciting and compelling.
This attractive business opportunity is with a company uniquely positioned as one of the few cannabis IP asset development focused companies in the world and particularly one of only a handful with an international focus the following:
- Diversification of risk: A company that is building a diversified portfolio of cannabis-focused IP assets across brands, products, stains, and medical & process patents who is also seeking to ensure that it has a truly global footprint and that it is not overly reliant on one market or one IP asset in particular
- Unique opportunity: Global medical cannabis sales are estimated to be growing at a combined annual growth rate of around 50% from 2016 to 2020. Legal medical cannabis is currently the fastest growing market in the world and is undergoing rapid change as new countries legalise cannabis.
- Projected high returns: Target return of £50 per £1 invested (not guaranteed)
- EIS Tax relief: up to 50% income tax and capital gains tax relief. Remember tax rules can change and benefits depend on circumstances.
- No clear market leaders: This creates an unprecedented market opportunity for GB to seek to exploit.
- Fast evolving business sector: There is increasing acceptance of the medicinal benefits of cannabis, and this has created strong momentum behind the legalisation drive. Israel is probably the world leader in terms of cannabis R&D, particularly focused on its medicinal benefits. The U.S. is one of many countries that is on a trend towards liberalisation of its cannabis laws. Other large countries are also gradually liberalising their law, in addition to the 28 U.S. states and Canada, 12 EU countries have now legalised medical cannabis.